Port Pirie Local Services
Port Pirie ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Port Pirie site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Port Pirie Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Port Pirie When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Port Pirie Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Port Pirie Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Port Pirie ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Port Pirie and a Place to Meet
The portpirie.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Port Pirie
Port Pirie is a city located in the Mid North of South Australia, Australia. It is situated approximately 220km north of Adelaide and is home to over 13,000 people. Here are some interesting facts about Port Pirie:
1. Lead smelting has been a major industry in Port Pirie for over 100 years. The smelter is one of the largest in the world and employs around 750 people.
2. Port Pirie is known as the "City of Smelters". Apart from the lead smelter, there are also copper, zinc, and silver smelters in the region.
3. Port Pirie was established as a port in 1845 to service the growing pastoral and mining industries in the region. Today, it is a major regional centre for agriculture and mining.
4. The city has a rich history and is home to a number of historic buildings and landmarks including the Port Pirie National Trust Museum, the Port Pirie Railway Station, and the Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery.
5. Port Pirie is famous for its unique wildlife including the Port Pirie Burrowing Bettong, a small marsupial that is found only in the region.
6. The city is also home to a number of beautiful parks and gardens including Memorial Park, which features a reflecting pool, and Solomontown Beach, which is a popular spot for swimming and fishing.
7. Port Pirie is the birthplace of legendary Australian cricket player Ian Chappell, who played for the Australian team in the 1960s and 70s. The city also has a strong sporting community and is home to the Port Pirie Tennis Club and the Port Pirie Golf Club.
8. Port Pirie has a diverse population and is home to a number of cultural festivals throughout the year including the Port Pirie Greek Festival and the Port Pirie Multicultural Festival.
9. The city is well-connected with good transport links by road, rail, and sea. It has its own airport, which offers flights to Adelaide and other regional centres.
10. Port Pirie enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate with warm summers and cool winters, making it a great place to visit all year round. Whether you're interested in history, wildlife, or the great outdoors, there's something for everyone in this charming city.