Port Pirie Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Port Pirie Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing portpirie.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Port Pirie for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Port Pirie?
Port Pirie Galleries and Museums
Port Pirie is a city in the mid-north of South Australia, approximately 220km north of Adelaide. The city has a rich history and culture which is reflected in the many galleries, museums and historical venues that are scattered throughout the city and its surrounds. Here are some of the must-see locations for those who are interested in the arts, history and culture of Port Pirie and the surrounding region.
- Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery: Located on Main Road in the city centre, the Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery showcases contemporary and traditional artworks from local and national artists. The gallery also plays host to regular exhibitions, workshops and events.
- Flinders View Art Gallery: Situated in the nearby town of Port Germein, the Flinders View Art Gallery showcases paintings, pottery and other artworks by local artists. The gallery is housed in a historic building and offers stunning views of the Spencer Gulf from its outdoor terrace.
- National Trust Museum (Gladstone): Located in the nearby town of Gladstone, the National Trust Museum houses a collection of artefacts and memorabilia relating to the history of the Gladstone district. The museum is housed in a historic schoolhouse and is open to the public on weekends and public holidays.
- Port Pirie Railway Station Museum: The Port Pirie Railway Station Museum is located within the historic railway station building in the city centre. The museum houses a collection of railway memorabilia and artefacts, as well as a model railway display.
- Pro Hart Gallery: The Pro Hart Gallery is located in Broken Hill, just across the border in New South Wales. The gallery showcases the works of the late Australian artist Pro Hart, who was born and raised in Broken Hill. The gallery also has a collection of photographs, memorabilia and other artefacts relating to Hart's life and career.
- Port Pirie Historic Walk: The Port Pirie Historic Walk is a self-guided walking tour of the city's historic buildings and landmarks. The tour covers approximately 2km and includes over 30 stops, each with a detailed description of the site's history and significance.
- Port Pirie Cemetery: The Port Pirie Cemetery is located on the outskirts of the city and contains the graves of many of the region's early settlers and pioneers. The cemetery is home to several notable graves, including that of Harry Page, a local butcher who was murdered in 1920.
- Old Miners' Cottage Museum (Port Germein): The Old Miners' Cottage Museum is located in the nearby town of Port Germein. The museum is housed in a restored miner's cottage and features exhibits and artefacts relating to the town's early mining history.
Whether you're interested in art, history or culture, there's something for everyone in and around Port Pirie. So why not take some time to explore the city and its surrounds, and discover the rich and fascinating history of this beautiful region?
Port Pirie Galleries and Museums Articles